Fundraising & Nonprofit Organization
- Nonprofit Technology Network (NTEN) at Nonrofit Technology Network
- NTEN’s 2013 Consumers Guide to Low Cost Donor Management Systems
Preferred Domain Registrars
- GoDaddy at http://www.godaddy.com
Preferred Hosting Companies
- DreamHost at http://www.dreamhost.com
- BlueHost at http://www.bluehost.com
- SiteGround at http://www.siteground.com
- Flywheel at http://www.getflywheel.com
- CloudFlare at http://www.cloudflare.com
- Envato Market at http://market.envato.com/
- WP Beginner at http://www.wpbeginner.com/
- WPTavern at http://wptavern.com/
- WPMU Dev at https://premium.wpmudev.org
- W3Schools for beginners at http://www.w3schools.com
- Mozilla Developer Network (MDN) at https://developer.mozilla.org
- WebPlatform at http://www.webplatform.org/
- Font Awesome Cheatsheet at https://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/cheatsheet/
- Font Awesome Examples at https://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/examples/
- CSS customizations at https://en.forums.wordpress.com/forum/css-customization
Developer & Webmaster Tools, etc.:
- Google Web Fundamentals at https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/
- Google Search Console at https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
- Google PageSpeed Insights at https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights for looking at how your site is rendered by the browser and can help you identify what you can improve on the front-end.
- WebpageTest at http://www.webpagetest.org for a good idea of the actual time (in seconds) that a site takes to load, and these metrics will help you know whether it’s the back-end or front-end causing a site to load slowly.
- Pingdom at https://tools.pingdom.com/
- GT Metrix at https://gtmetrix.com/, providing PageSpeed and YSlow scores.
- To check on which plugins slow down the site, use P3Profiler from https://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/
- Microsoft Webmaster Tools at https://www.bing.com/webmaster
- Developers at Facebook https://developers.facebook.com
- AHREF at https://ahrefs.com/ is arguably the industry leading SEO backlink checker and competitor research tool – you whack in a domain name and get a huge number of insights about it, including a list of backlinks pointing to it, anchor text and more.
- Google Search Console at https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ to submit your site to Google, check it for any crawl errors and view backlinks to it. As soon as you register your website, Google Search Console will helpfully send you an email with a series of steps you should take to maximise its visibility in search. And, when it comes to SEO at least, when Google tells you to do something, the chances are you should
- Backlink Watch at http://www.backlinkwatch.com allows you to take a free look at the backlinks pointing to any domain.
- Hubspot’s Website Grader at https://website.grader.com/ will tell you how well your site is functioning from an SEO and inbound marketing point of view and the steps you need to take to rectify any problems. It’s a good ‘sense-checking’ tool.
- Google AdWord’s Keyword Planner at https://adwords.google.com/ko/KeywordPlanner
- SEOCentro at http://www.seocentro.com/
- MOZ Beginner’s Guide to SEO at https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo is a comprehensive, 10-chapter guide on how to optimize your site for search.
- Search Engine Land’s Guide to SEO at http://searchengineland.com/guide/seo displays a periodic table of SEO success factors.
- Design principles from Google https://material.google.com
Looks on Devices:
- Check site on devices on ScreenFly at http://quirktools.com/screenfly
- Alexa Digital Marketing Tools at http://www.alexa.com/
- Moz at https://moz.com/
- OnPage at http://www.onpage.org